Renginių kalendorius
P A T K Pn Š S
30010203040506
07080910111213
14151617181920
21222324252627
28293031010203
Gegužė
    2018     
Naujienų prenumerata

Įrašykite savo el. pašto adresą ir gaukite mūsų naujienas pirmieji

Alytus region municipality coat of arms

According to the law of the Lithuanian Republic Coats of Arms of the cities approval and having regard to the conclusion of the Lithuanian Heraldy Commission, President Valdas Adamkus confirmed coat of arms of the Alytus region on August 7th, 2001


 

Historical data

Alytus city coat of arms “a silver rose in a red field” dates back to 1581 and was restored and approved by the decree of the President of the Republic on the 11th December,1995. Alytus Region Municipality did not have a coat of arms until then. Lithuanian Heraldry Commission considering region coat of arms issue paid attention to another symbol of Alytus – three lilies growing on the ground. They first appeared in 1792 and as a coat of arms were used during the pre-war period. The history of their rise is related to the events of the end of the XVIIIth century.

The old city coat of arms - a silver rose in a red field – was used from the emergence of self government in 1581 to the administrative reform in 1776. During it small cities lost their rights and their coats of arms. Self – government was revived on the 1st August, 1791, during the reform of Seimas, but it acted for a very short time. In the middle of the following year the reform opponents conquered the land and the inhabitants of Alytus had to close self – government. In the first half of 1792 two new Alytus magistrate stamps and other heraldry were created. Instead of the heraldic rose there were three lilies growing on the ground, that had never been officially legalized before. Judging from the stamps iconography, the three lilies were borrowed from the gentries Orlovskiai, who lived in the area of Alytus, coat of arms (three lilies growing on the ground). But nobody knows how and why they appeared on the city stamp. Possibly, somebody of the Orlauskiai family contributed to the restoration of self – government. On the other hand, on the stamps of those times there was a crown above the shield that symbolized the city of the state or of the king. There are no documents confirmed with the new stamp. There are known only a few examples of varnish or ink printed stamps.

The second stamp pattern, without giving the source, in the middle of the XIXth century was published by M. Balinskis. He might have used the example of poorly printed stamp, since while redrawing the stamp a lot of mistakes were done. Perhaps the biggest inaccuracy was changed composition: three lilies growing on the ground turned into three picked lilies. Later the stamp of the seal, according to the Polish investigator M. Gumowski, appeared in Čapskiai museum in Krokuva.

The three lilies were made popular by T. Daugirdas (died in 1919) and B. Šaliamoras, later – the painters of independent Lithuania, who had only one drawing of M. Balinskis’ stamp. Then colours of the coat of arms were established: three red lilies on green stems in the gold background (the colours of the national flag. One more to the old Lithuanian heraldry uncharacteristic attribute spread from T Daugirdas and B. Šaliamoras’s drawings – five golden towers masonry crown. At the beginning they became popular in France, their use was regulated by Napoleon in 1809. Later our masonry crowns were taken over by other countries, in the second half of the XIXth century it was Russia. Masonry crowns had their symbols. The importance and size of the city depended on the colour and number of towers. In Lithuania gold five towers masonry crowns on the coats of arms were put by painters arbitrarily and without any system . The idea was borrowed from the Russian coats of arms. Besides, in our country masonry crowns appeared when in other European cities they were abandoned. They remained only on some coats of arms of the younger cities which were allocated to them during the heyday of Cadets. In our region it is the second half of the XIXth century and the first half of the XXth century.

Having in mind that Alytus’s three growing lilies have history of more than 200 years and as a symbol of Alytus they were widely used during the years of Independent Lithuania, after war they were printed many times in Lithuanian foreign publications, in consultation with the district municipal leaders it was decided not to create a new coat of arms for the Alytus municipality and to revive the old symbol. While creating coat of arms there was used not the image of Balinskis’ times of the three picked lilies but the one depicted in the original stamps in 1792 with growing lilies. The colours were taken over from the pre – war Heraldry and taking into account current requirements and make lilies more armorial. The standard of the Alytus’s region coat of arms was created by the painter Arvydas Každailis. It was appobated by the Heraldry Commission on the 12th of June, 2001.

Description of the coat of arms. Three growing red lilies with green stems depicted in the golden field; green footstep of the shield.

Lithuanian Heraldry Commission under the President of the Republic. Vilnius. 18th July, 2001.

Chairman of the commission Edmundas Rimša.

Nine parishes of the Alytuis region have coats of arms. 

 
Paskutinis atnaujinimas: 2017-05-30 16:57:24

   ADMINISTRACIJOS DARBO LAIKAS

Pirmadieniais–ketvirtadieniais  8.00–17.00 val.
Penktadieniais 8.00–15.45 val.
Pietų pertrauka 12.00–12.45 val.

 

PRIIMAMOJO DARBO LAIKAS

Pirmadieniais, trečiadieniais 8.00–17.00 val.
Antradieniais, ketvirtadieniais  8.0018.00 val.
Penktadieniais  8.0015.45 val.

Administracijos specialistų priėmimo darbo grafikas

Informacija telefonu (8 315) 69 019

Biudžetinė įstaiga
Pulko g. 21, LT-62135 Alytus
Tel. (8 315) 55 530
Faks. (8 315) 74 716
El. p. info@arsa.lt
Duomenys saugomi ir kaupiami juridinių asmenų registre,
kodas 188718528